The Sikhula Sonke Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My tribute to the great Madiba

I am very blessed to have my birthday in the same week as the great Madiba. Today I am 38 years old, and as a gift to myself, I booked a day spa at Mangwanani on the Zeevenwacht Wine Estate on Madiba’s birthday- the 18th of July. It was such a special day, and while I was having a heavenly Head and Shoulder massage, there was a view of Robben Island through the window. As I sat there looking out and thinking about this great man, I had a epiphany – “How would my own life have been different if Madiba had not lived, and been released from prison when I was 20 years old?” I realised that his life and his choices have greatly influenced me and the choices that I have made. Because of him, I am more passionate about South Africa and committed to making a difference wherever I can. So I would like to raise my own personal dedication and thanks to Mr Mandela for helping shape me and challenge me to be the best person I can be!
In deep appreciation,Wendy

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well written article.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home