The Sikhula Sonke Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet our new Executive Director


My name is Nomzamo Princess Nkosazana Landingwe and I am born and bred in Cape Town. I have qualifications in social and political studies, I have an extreme interest in community development and I have been working in this field for the past 10 years.
I have been blessed to work in organisations that have invested in my training as well as giving me exposure to the most complex communities. One of my best experiences was working with Higher Education Student Leadership at the South African Centre for Organisational Development, to facilitating practical solutions to HIV and AIDS and Poverty at the United Nations Development Programme. In 2006 I became part of the social development programme of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa as a program manager. It is here that I have learnt a deeper understanding of “Mission and Service” and of what is meant by poverty and starting with what you have. During this time I was involved in assisting urban development to deep rural social action in villages of Mozambique.
When I reflect on the work of the organisations I have been part of, I know that this is God’s plan at work in my life. In this part of my journey I have begun to experience God and to be a part of the Word shared in Mathew 19: 14: “Let the children come to me”.
I have been working for Sikhula Sonke Early Childhood Development since April 2010. It is such a joy to work directly with the beneficiaries, in particular the women and the children, as this is one ministry that is close to my heart. The programs of Sikhula Sonke continue to teach me about child-centred approaches to development. From the beginning of my employment, I have been part of steering the implementation of ELRU’s Family and Community Motivators Programme (FCM) in Khayelitsha. This is a new programme for Sikhula Sonke that seeks to extend support and capacitate the parents and caregivers in especially vulnerable areas of Khayelitsha. Through this program we seek to broaden their knowledge of how to develop their children and how to access various services to increase their support network.

To the community of Khayelitsha, the Board and the staff of Sikhula Sonke ECD I would like to thank you for putting your trust in me to be part of this humbling ministry.

Yours truly,
Nomzamo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home